Friday, August 28, 2009

Wondering what is going on in peoples heads!

I have the feeling that no matter how long I work at the church people's thoughts and opinions about what is going on at the church is never going to cease to amaze me. Like the other day. I was talking with a parishioner who mentioned that she knew of someone who was going to apply for our financial administrator position at our church. We recently cut the number of hours from full-time to 25 hours (due to budget reasons) and well our current administrator needs full-time (it is a crappy situation for her). Anyway I mentioned how the whole situation was to bad. This is when the parishioner informed me that our financial administrator spent more time working on other things for the church that she did finances. Hmmm Last time I checked our financial administrator did our finances first. And the other duties she does we told her to do. At any rate when I told the parishioner that she did indeed spend most of her hours on our finances, she was a little surprised, but glad to hear it. I mean really who did she think was doing our payroll, budgets, reimbursements, paid our bills, etc. It certainly is not me!

Then as the week progresses I got hear all about how dirty our kitchen is by another parishioner. Now granted there was things that need to be cleaned but he and I were cleaning them at the time. What was interesting to me is as he is complaining about how dirty things are he chose to focus on the floor and never wiped down the counters nor cleaned the grill. Since the parishioner cooked in the kitchen earlier, used those things, and was complaining how dirty the kitchen was, I thought he would also take care of the rest. I assumed wrong. I guess this is all a part of being in ministry. Listening to the gripes and wondering what is going on in their head.

No comments:

Post a Comment