Sunday, September 6, 2009

In a time of transition...

Currently my church is without a permanent Priest. Instead we have what we call a priest in charge. This means, at least in our case, acts as if they are our permanent priest but is only contracted for so much time. Meanwhile we are looking for a permanent priest. Well as permanent as they get. I have noticed that in this time of transition people are trying left and right to "get away" with things that they might not try if there was a permanent priest. Funny thing is that we still all have to be a part of one community so for me I do not understand it. If you know a priest would normally tell you no, because of the effect it would have on others in the church, why you think it would not have the same effect now that they are gone? Maybe it is the rule follower side of me but I just do not understand it. What is worse is that one of my coworkers is doing it too. The even worse part is our priest in charge is doing nothing to stop him. So maybe they have talked before staff meeting and I just do not know it but it is frustrating to have him running the show when he is just our music person. There are some things that he should run the show on and I do not mind suggestions and ideas. I think there is a difference between suggestions and ideas and just plain ol' taking over. I think we are running a thin line at my church in some areas but at the moment I am just going to pray that it will all work out for the better in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment