Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Games, games, and more games....

Some days I feel like I have the coolest job in the world. Where else can you play with the most random things and have everyone leave with a smile. Today I gave teams of youth random objects and told them they had to create a game for everyone. One group I gave plastic hockey sticks, a couple of nerf footballs, and they could use any folding chairs in the gym. When all was said and done they had chairs stacked two high, hockey sticks stretched across them to make hurdles, and we played a very interesting version of hockey. You have not lived until you try to make a nerf football work like a hockey puck. The youth played that game for quite a while. I should let them make up their own games every week. One less thing for me to plan ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment